Monday, March 15, 2010

outside event 1

I went to burkes bookstore to listen to the readings Mrs. Wendy had offered us. I went to this one by myself so I ended up getting there a little late and of course there was no any parking. Stressed out and ready to get this over with, I parked in a no parking zone and ended up getting a ticket. Anyways, a man named Richard Bausch read a some from his book called “Something is out There.” He read a sotry from that book entitled “Immigration.” As you might have guessed it was a sotry about a couple trying to become an accepted citizen in the Untied States of America. Not only did the reader do a good job of reading, he really put himself in the story. He began to sum up accents for each one of the characters so that the listeners could visualize the setting. He was different from all of the other outside events that I have attended. He was actually kind of entertaining. However, I probably would not have attended if I was not threatened by a bad grade.

1 comment: