Monday, November 23, 2009

Outside Event

I went to see Jonathon May and Emily Thrash read there absurd poets and stories. I got there right as Emily was finishing up on her reading. There were a lot of people there and I was unable to hear what she was saying. During intermission, I moved up front so that I could hear clearly even though I would later find out I did not want to hear any of these stories. Jonathon May read about his girlfriend then all of the sudden started talking about a guy and him getting it on in the dressing room. The poem he read was disgusting and perverted. Somehow, the crowd of weirdos enjoyed it. He began to tell a story about his friend Michael and how they would engage is sexual activities as he described it "sucking him off." I began to extremely uncomfortable and awkward. I wanted to get up and sprint out of there but I was scared to get up. After reading his stories, the crowd began to clap and yell "good job." I do not know how in the world anyone could actually think it was slightly good.

1 comment:

  1. These people must have been high to enjoy these kind of things. Maybe they all felt that he was able to write about that kind of garbage that he was some kind of hero.Just because people can write about their gay fantasies does not mean that they had a hard time doing it. I think that guy liked writing about it.

    ReplyDelete